no eyes installRe: New

Kyrath kyrath at cox.net
Wed Jan 14 14:54:21 EST 2004

Ok, this message answers the question of whether partitions need to be set
before installation of linux, or whether there needs to be some kind of OS
on the disk to begin with.

Now, what distro would be recommended for the first try at linux.  I'm
dealing with a P-II, 266 MHz, and a 4-4.5 GB hard drive.

Will the *linux text console=ttyS0* work on distributions other than red
hat?  From what I was able to discern, the speakup modified version of red
hat requires a 5 GB hard drive.

Thanks for all of the good info
-- Rob