New

Tom and Esther Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 14 08:01:12 EST 2004

Hi, what you want to do is totally possible. The method I will explain below
is one I have used to install several versions of Red hat, and I am going to
assume Fedora supports this method as well.
System requirements: two computers, two nine pin female to 25 pin male
serial cables, a 25 pin to 25 pin female to female null modem, and a 25 pin
male to 25 pin female serial gender adapter, and either a dos or Window's
terminal software such as terraterm pro or commo.
I'm assuming you are using MS window's on a system so you will want to
download a free copy of terraterm pro and the Jaws scripts or Window Eyes
set files for terraterm.
Now, link all the cables, null modem, and adapter together, and  plug each
end into com 1 on each computer.
Load your screen reader, install any sets or scripts that are needed, and
launch terraterm pro, and tell it to terminal to com1.
If your booting from cdrom insert your cd in the drive, start the computer,
and you will here it spin up. Enter this command from the computer where you
are installing Linux and not the one with the terminal software:
linux text console=ttyS0
Then, press enter.
If booting from floppy you will here two or three cranks  of the floppy, at
which point you enter the command from the installation computer:
linux text console=ttyS0
After some time Jaws/Window Eyes should begin announcing text on the screen
and reading the installation to you.
At this point you go to the computer with the terraterm on it, and complete
the installation with some speech.