tuxtalk

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Jan 11 22:20:26 EST 2004

I *NEVER* got this to work with Speakup.  When I did a "say -d" I get
this:
daemon mode: No such device

Also, which order should I do the below commands? should I load
speakup_softsynth first followed by "say" (when fixed) or visa versa?

Also, I kept getting my speakout when I quite deliberately specified
speakup_sftsyn.  In fact, see the abreviated lsmod listing below.
speakup_spkout          1928   0 (autoclean) (unused)
speakup_sftsyn          2352   0 (autoclean) [speakup_spkout]
speakupmain            42516   0 [speakup_spkout speakup_sftsyn]
nls_cp437               4316   2 (autoclean)
vfat                    9580   2 (autoclean)
fat                    30392   0 (autoclean) [vfat]

What I find interesting here is This lsmod listing was captured while
using the speakup_spkout (speakout synth).  Dunno why sftsyn would be
in the loop at all.

--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!