cable modem update

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jan 9 13:46:14 EST 2004

Hi, Chuck:

Congrats.

As a general rule, I don't think there's any reason to bring broadband
connections up and down, whether or not they're cable or DSL. Part of
the power of these broadband network technologies is their persistence.
It's not just about speed, in other words. It's really helpful not to
have to constantly go on and off line with all that that can entail.

Chuck Hallenbeck writes:
> From: Chuck Hallenbeck <chuckh at sent.com>

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group