ltsp

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jan 9 09:51:48 EST 2004

Well, if you use the CVS Speakup, you wouldn't need a parameter, per se.
You'd still have the same early start of the 1.5 Speakup if you compile
Speakup in the kernel--or you can add it to an initrd so that it starts
almost as soon. Or, you can just modprobe for Speakup and your synth
after the system boots.

Alex Snow writes:
> From: Alex Snow <alex_snow at gmx.net>
>
> Hello all. could anyone who's used the ltsp with speakup please tell me
> how I would go about working with this? I am doing a project in wich I'm
> using some old 486dx machines as terminals. can speakup be used with
> the ltsp? if so how do I pass the synth parameter?
>
> --
> Always borrow money from a pessimist; he doesn't expect to be paid
> back.

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group