broadband connectivity advice

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Mon Jan 5 19:27:56 EST 2004

Hi chuck and all.
I use charter cable and have had no problems. In fact, when I tried to
switch to tds dsl, my actual download speeds were quite a bit slower than
my cable connection.
In my case, the technician came and plugged the modem in and set up the
cable box. after that, dhcpcd did everything else. I'm not sure what
differences exist between different cable setups.
and I know what you mean about not going back to a dialup connection. I
help to maintain a friend's system; she is on dialup and upgrading and
downloading on her system drive me completely crazy. certainly better than
no connection at all, but would be hard to live with after you've
experienced high speed, except as a backup for emmergencies or for use
when traveling on a laptop.
Let us know how it goes; I had absolutely no setup problems but others may
have had more difficulties.

--
Cheryl