Sound card problem

Darragh lists at digitaldarragh.com
Sun Jan 4 16:23:39 EST 2004

Hello all,

I've had a few problems with sound cards in Fedora.

Firstly Gnopernicus spoke very fast in a high pitch voice threw the onboard card.  I couldn't figure out how to resolve this so disabled it and used a pci card instead.  Now, its not working right either.

I also have an External sound blaster odgidy installed as well.  when I disabled that the first time the pci card worked fine until I ran yum =-y update which some how stopped it again.

It seems to be picking it up ok, its listed in the list of supported cards.  When I run sndconfig I hear a clicking but not the usual message.

After all this, I rebooted but I'm getting a lot of lines about modules.  I've decided, when I get an answer to my last question I'm going to try reinstalling again.

Darragh