Caller ID?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Jan 3 08:56:27 EST 2004

Once you do get the digits--it might be cool to send them to Google.
Putting phone numbers into Google's search box is realy handy.

Steve Holmes writes:
> From: Steve Holmes <steve at holmesgrown.com>
>
> I thought I'd play around with the caller ID feature on my modem and
> see if I could write an accessible caller id program.  I enabled the
> CID feature on my modem by doing 'AT#CID=1' and the modem responds
> OK.  But when I tried ringing my phone recently, All I got was the
> "RING" string back from the modem.  Does it have to ring more than
> once to register it or do I have to do something else? I did arrange
> with the phone company to have that service turned on.
>
> Am I missing anything else?
> --
> HolmesGrown Solutions
> The best solutions for the best price!
> http://ld.net/?holmesgrown

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group