question about Gnopernicus

Shaun Oliver shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jan 2 07:47:40 EST 2004

no matter what platform you're running,
software speech by it's very nature slows down the machine.
I find when I'm broadcasting to a shoutcast server from my windows
machine I end up with a stram that's sounding slightly distorted and
with a wacky reverb that geoff shang can testify to as he's heard it
happen.
the problem I think is that software speech is almost as resource hungry
as your audio apps out there and places unnecissary load on the system
when you're doing intensive disk work e.g. laying down an audio track
for your up coming masterpiece.
the result of this unnecissary load is dropout in your recording or
skipping. either one will result in your having to go back and redo the
recording all over again.

--
Shaun Oliver

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."
email: shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
WEB: http://blindman.homelinux.org/
IRC: irc.awesomechat.net:6666
IRCNICK: blindman