sound cards

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Thu Jan 1 18:24:17 EST 2004

that depends on your card. I've had a little trouble with my non PNP
sb16 and alsa and I have no idea why. I ended up just installing
winblows on the box with that card bc I got a faster box to replace it
as a linux machine. but once you get it working alsa works great with
these cards. it's the setup that can be a problem. this may differ
depending on what card you have. like I installed a sb16 pnp in a box
I was working on and alsa worked fine with it.
On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at
10:57:14AM -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:
> Speaking of the older SB cards, how does alsa work with them? In
> particular, the sb16? I have an old laptop that has an sb16 compatible
> card built in and I would like to switch to ALSA on that.  I thought
> people had some trouble getting ALSA to work with sb16's.
>
> On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 08:57:43AM -0500, Alex Snow wrote:
> > I think most of the creative cards are pretty good. I have both a sb16
> > and a sb32 here and both work good with linux. the sb16 is not pnp
> > which can be kind of iritating but at least you don't have to deal
> > with isapnp.
> --
> HolmesGrown Solutions
> The best solutions for the best price!