removeable disks

Kyrath. (AKA Rob) kyrath at cox.net
Thu Feb 26 10:23:23 EST 2004

OK, I know how to use the "ls" command just fine.  I've also been reading
the "from dos/windows to linux howto".  The problem I'm having is what
windows says is on the disk/cd and what linux says are not the same.
For example: mdir tells me that the floppy has 5 files and they are exactly
the same 5 files that windows says is on the floppy.  However, when I mount
the floppy *mount /mnt/floppy* and use the ls command, I get 14 entries.
All 14 are very similar to the following.

/usr/bin/ls: /mnt/floppy/\353.hdrs\003\002: No such file or directory.

As for the cd, it is a cd-rw in the UDF format.  It's basically one of my
backup cds.  I believe that I came across something that said linux could
read this format.  However, the only files linux finds, using the ls
command, are:
  autorun.inf*
  udfrchk.exe*
  udfrinst.zl*
Obviously, these are not my backup files.

I hope this clarifies my problem.
Thanks
-- Rob