redhat/fedora question

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Mon Feb 23 23:35:08 EST 2004

Hi,

     Fedora will *run* on less than 64MB of memory.  The bummer is that
the installer needs 64MB.  I see two solutions.  temporarily add the
necessary memory and remove it after the installation is complete, or put
the HDD into a machine with enough memory.  If you do the latter, and the
system has a greater processor, you'll have to replace the kernel, glibc,
and openssl packages with the i386 versions.  I can talk you through this.

          HTH.
--

Bill in Denver