kernels

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Feb 22 19:15:34 EST 2004

Gee, Didn't 2.4.24 just come out a few weeks ago or am I that far
behind?:) I got 2.4.24 upgraded on to my boxes a couple weeks ago; I
didn't pick it up immediately after it was released but still.  Seems
like the "production" 2.4.X series has gone through a lot of changes.

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 10:17:13AM -0600, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> A while back, when linux 2.6.2 came out, a question was raised if the 2.6.x
> series is ready for prime time, or not yet. Someone said then that
> 2.6.2 still has some instabilities, and that it is still a good idea
> to stick with 2.4.x on production boxes.
>
> Well, now that 2.4.25 and 2.6.3 are both out, I am wondering if the
> 2.6.x advise still applies to production boxes, or if I should take
> the plunge, and put 2.6.3 on my server? Thanks.
>
> Greg

HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://ld.net/?holmesgrown