problems with cookies and lynx (fwd)

Deedra Waters dmwaters at gentoo.org
Fri Feb 20 13:01:07 EST 2004

--
Gentoo Linux: dmwaters at gentoo.org,
http://www.gentoo.org

Freenode staff member: dmwaters at freenode.net , http://www.freenode.net

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:00:06 -0600 (CST)
From: Deedra Waters <deedra at dmwaters.us>
To: speakup at braille.uwo.ca
Subject: problems with cookies and lynx

--[PinePGP]--------------------------------------------------[begin]--
I'm trying to log into the oregon state university info system to check on my records and some other things. When I try to log in though, I get:

   This system requires the use of HTTP cookies to verify authorization
      information. Our system has detected that your browser has disabled
         HTTP cookies, or does not support them. Please refer to the Help page
	    for more information on how to correctly configure your browser for
	       use with this system.

	       I have all the cookie options enabled in lynx that I can possibley find, but I still get theese errors.

	       I can't use elinks for this, because the webpages appear to be in columns, and reading a page like that is just plane insanity. If any of you can give some suggestions as to how to deal with this, I'd really appreciate it....because, it'd be really nice to be able to apply for housing before september:p

--
Gentoo Linux: dmwaters at gentoo.org,
http://www.gentoo.org

Freenode staff member: dmwaters at freenode.net , http://www.freenode.net

gpg: Signature made Fri Feb 20 12:00:19 2004 CST using DSA key ID E4C635CF
gpg: Good signature from "Deedra Waters <dmwaters at linuxpowered.com>"
gpg:                 aka "Deedra Waters <dmwaters at freenode.net>"
gpg:                 aka "Deedra Waters <deedra at dmwaters.us>"
gpg:                 aka "Deedra Waters <dmwaters at gentoo.org>"