Help - slow performance on a Toshiba laptop

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Fri Feb 20 08:41:33 EST 2004

Hi.  This is just a really far out guess, but I've noticed a lot of
additional options in later kernels for IDE chipsets.  Could your
problem be you haven't enabled the right one for your drive? Or, could
it be you might have the support for a chipset enabled that keeps your
drive from using DMA?  On this system I have the support for Intell
chipsets disabled since I have a VIA chipset.  This box appears to be
using DMA for the hard drive as well as the cdrom.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny