Help - slow performance on a Toshiba laptop

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Fri Feb 20 08:14:27 EST 2004

YOu both might want to check carefully under the enhanced itde,rll
blah,blah controller section for parametres specific to your mother
boards chip set.  For instance quite a few of my athlon systems use
the via chip set which when enabled makes a major difference in
performance.  I believe there are toshiba settings as well but I'm not
sure off hand.  You could also check over your dmesg closely to see if
it gives you any clews to hardware in the system you may not have
optimizations turned on for.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061