ViaVoice Is Back

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Feb 17 14:10:59 EST 2004

Good question. Not that I'm any exspert on IBM, but it seems to me they
never said that they inteded to move everything to open source. Or,
maybe it's that not all divisions were making the move, or something
like that.

In any case, here's a followup email from Rich:

   For pricing on Via Voice for Linux since the press article was
   incorrect
      (not my doing):

         Wizzard is in the process of setting up an accessible web site
	 to allow
	    developers to purchase it.

	       To ask about purchasing it, contact Dr. Alan Costilo:

	          email: alan at wizzardsoftware.com

		     Dr. Alan Costilo
		        Wizzard Software Corp.
			   Deerfield Beach, FL offices
			      (954) 571-4188 (954) 571-4163 FAX

			         Rich Schwerdtfeger
				    STSM, Software Group Accessibility
				    Strategist/Master Inventor
				       Emerging Internet Technologies
				          Chair, IBM Accessibility
					  Architecture Review Board
					     schwer at us.ibm.com, Phone:
					     512-838-4593,T/L: 678-4593

Kirk Reiser writes:
> From: Kirk Reiser <kirk at braille.uwo.ca>
>
> Hmmm, what happened to I.B.M. embracing open source software?
>
>   Kirk
>
> --
>
> Kirk Reiser				The Computer Braille Facility
> e-mail: kirk at braille.uwo.ca		University of Western Ontario
> phone: (519) 661-3061

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: +1 (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group