running Knoppix

Glenn Ervin at Home GlennErvin at cableone.net
Mon Feb 16 14:53:29 EST 2004

    Hi Terry,
Well, I did get Knoppix up and running with the addition of the following
command to my initial command:
apm=power-off
But I have never used Linux before, so when I got in, all I knew how to do
is type:
man
and I had to go through a list of hundreds of topics.

Can you or someone else give an idea of some commands to try out?
And if I need help in Linux, do I type the name of what I am looking for
after the word man?
Thanks.