finally installed

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Fri Feb 13 06:17:56 EST 2004

once you boot the pc you should install. I don't know why a manual
would tell you not to do that right away. I guess I could see if you
were dual booting but if you're just using linux on the system it's
pretty hard to screw up. so login as root and run liloconfig. you'll
want to install lilo to the mbr.
On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 10:08:11PM
-0500, Kyrath. (AKA Rob) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just finished going through the slackware 9.1 installation.
> I didn't configure lilo because the manual suggested not to do it right a way until you know more about lilo and your system.  So I guess that I need to boot off the boot disk that was created during the installation process.
>
> I haven't rebooted yet because I'm wondering how I can make sure that it boots up with speech.
> The installed kernel is "speakup.s" and I'm using an external doubletalk.
> So is there anything I should do before exiting the setup program and rebooting my pc?
>
> Thanks
> -- Rob

back.