Comcast

Joe Clever lists at clevercentral.com
Thu Feb 12 13:03:05 EST 2004

Raul,

I am currently a Comcast user and am quite pleased with their service. At
the moment, I am in a rural area of Pennsylvania. I was also a Comcast user
when I lived in the Philadelphia area. In my current area, they recently
doubled the speed to 3000 kbs down and 240 kbs up. I am supposed to have a
dynamic IP, but it has changed only once in 16 months, and that was only
after the system had been down for a day due to a blown power supply at
their headend. Otherwise, the system seems to be rock solid. I keep  my
Linux router/firewall and a server up 24/7.

I do run a lightly used web and mail server and have not encountered any
blocked ports or services. Well, not completely true, I don't seem to be
able to send mail from my server to anyone on comcast.net. I was able to
keep everything running and do remote administration without problems, for
six months, while I was in Mexico.

Obviously, Comcast is a huge system so YMMV.