Are ICMP packets important?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Feb 12 12:41:08 EST 2004

Well, it's easy to do, though I'm not 100% certain it's going to be
helpful. Basically you do:

traceroute [some.address]

and you get a report back of all the machines inbetween and timings.
It's like a ping but showing all the intermediate hops.

Chuck Hallenbeck writes:
> From: Chuck Hallenbeck <chuckh at sent.com>

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: +1 (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group