curious

Kyrath. (AKA Rob) kyrath at cox.net
Tue Feb 10 17:17:01 EST 2004

Hi, I've finally have obtained everything I need to install slackware 9.1, at least I think so.
However, I'm curious as to why my harddrive is being assigned hdb instead of hda.
In addition, linux, and windows for that matter, are unable to detect my HP cd-rw drive if the Matshita dvd drive is connected.  Does anyone have any idea
of why the Matshita and HP won't get along on the same ide cable?  I suppose that I could connect one the cd drives with the harddrive, but that would
require purchasing a new cable.  The one that connects the harddrive is too short to reach the cd drives.
-- Rob