courier update

Igor Gueths igueths at comcast.net
Sun Feb 8 17:01:42 EST 2004

Hi all. Well in my $SRC/authlib directory of Courier, there was no
binary called authshadow/authpw. I redirected the configure output to an
outfile, and I found the shadow test to have ended strangely. The
relevant output is: checking shadow.h usability... yes
checking shadow.h presence... yes
checking for shadow.h... yes
checking for getspent in -lshadow... no

It seems that the tested function returned 0. Does Courier require a
certain version of glibc to be installed? Is there any specific reason
why the function test would fail, despite the fact that shadow.h is
present?