the cat and the bank:

David Poehlman poehlman1 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 6 14:51:01 EST 2004

Janina and all,

It's a mixed experience.  In some ways, it reminds me of the days before
windows when I enjoyed my shell account and in some ways, it is tough
because I'm using the shell through windows which is not really as fun as
direct.  I also had a brief experience with speak up a number of years ago
and in some ways, in spite of its primitiveness at that time, it was a more
pleasant experience than using windows for the shell.

Of course, I didn't have sites like Bank Of America (catering to the rodent
users) to work with then so this sheds some new experiential light.  I have
ben aware of the issues though for quite some time and this is what has
motivated me at last now that I have the means to do it again to probe them
directly.

Some of what is somewhat confusing is that the button for log in seems to
have the same lable as the entry field so it is easy to hit the rong number
and could be more clearly marked.  Using jaws and ie, we are told what is a
button and what is an edit field an it looks like the word button or edit
for instance is part of the lable.  I knew it was not but the real
experience makes this more evident.