domain problem update

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Thu Feb 5 11:43:46 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 11:25:21PM -0500, Igor Gueths wrote:
> however I'm having a problem proppogating it. Is there a standard time
> period in whic domain proppogation should be complete? I have a hint

I would say give it 72 hours or so, since the time your registrar
accepted your nameserver configuration.

> zone, and my root.hints file was obtained from ftp.internic.net. Thanks!

Why? As I've said before, there is a process for keeping your
root.hints up to date once a month, outlined in the dns-howto. If
you're going to continue to use that ftp file you just got, which may
be out of date already, you will eventually have trouble with your
dns, since the ip addresses of the root servers change from time to
time.

Greg