domain problems

Igor Gueths igueths at comcast.net
Wed Feb 4 16:02:59 EST 2004

Hi all. I'm trying to set up my domain (lava-net.com). As far as I know
everything is set up correctly, because named starts with no
errors...Actually there were a few warnings. They were the following:
Feb  4 15:48:32 igueths named[954]: none:0: open: /usr/etc/rndc.key:
file not found
Feb  4 15:48:32 igueths named[954]: couldn't add command channel
127.0.0.1#953:

What does the one about the command channel mean? Is that rndc related?
Also, how do I tell rndc to not look for files in /usr/etc? Also, even
when my server is running, and I do a dig on it the only servers that
respond are the root servers. And when I tried to put my nameserver in
the list of nameservers directnic should use, I got a message that
stated that my nameserver wasn't registered. Anyone know what I am
missing here? Thanks!

P.S.: Here is my current zone file.
$TTL 3D
@ IN SOA ns.lava-net.com. hostmaster at lava-net.com. (0020780ec930 12H 2H