flashing Dectalk express?

Igor Gueths igueths at comcast.net
Mon Feb 2 13:29:25 EST 2004

Hi all. Does anyone know if its possible to find the older Dectalk
express firmware? This Dectalk I have appears to have the newer firmware
installed. The only problem I see with it is that there are sudden
differences in pronunciation, which I have been getting used to but
sometimes can get annoying. For example, mail is pronounced as mayo.
There are some others that I can't think of right now...Bottom line is,
assuming I can actually find the firmware, is it possible to reflash the
express back to the older firmware? I am assuming I would need an EEPROM
programmer and a soddering iron to do the job? Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!