mass-renamer tool

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Feb 2 11:55:00 EST 2004

I'm sorry I don't have access to my other machine which has a perl
script that does some global renaming. But for starters, the for
construct is your friend.  In either bash or perl, do a for loop and
have it pass over each file in the given directory and do regexp and
whatever else substitutions in for the new name and then do the new
name  My version takes out underscores and puts spaces back in for use
with my windows environments.  Now that I'm doing more and more in
linux however, I almost regret that standard and may go back the other
way and leave them in.  But I'm trying to keep all my archived CD's
containing mp3's consistantly named.

Let me know if you need more.  When I get home tonight, I'll try and
pass along what I have though it could use some more juce to make it
better and more flexible.

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 09:05:07AM -0600, Raul A. Gallegos wrote:

HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://ld.net/?holmesgrown