linux and speakup installation

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Feb 2 11:47:26 EST 2004

Well, I for one, love hardware speech for previous reasons mentioned.
The only good thing I can say for software speech is portability.  A
laptop would be much easier to use and carry around if you don't have
to lug a synth box around and hook up.  Up to the present, you cannot
use software speech to review boot message if your kernel panics or
when doing a brand new install from off-the-shelf distro CD's.  It was
mentioned recently that serial ports are going away except for high
end modles and I think that is also criminal if not abominal!  I think
the only USB synth out there is the tripple talk and I don't think the
specs are publicly available yet for development of a synth driver for
Speakup.  God Damn those non disclosure agreements anyhow!

--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!