Fedora boot disks problem

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Feb 2 11:39:43 EST 2004

Hi, Glen:

I think there's some confusion here:

rawrite and winrawrite are for the .img files that we can no longer use.
That's old news and should no longer be a factor. All references have
been removed from the installation HOWTO for rawrite, so I'm wondering
what guide you're following? Do you have the most recent at:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/fedora/HOWTO_INSTALL.html

Secondly, rawrite would not be used to burn iso images. Neither would
winrawrite. On Linux you would use cdrecord, and on Windows something
like Nero or Easy CD Creator. This is covered in the above referenced
HOWTO. Please follow the instructions there to avoid these kinds of
problems.

Glenn Ervin at Home writes:
> From: "Glenn Ervin at Home" <GlennErvin at cableone.net>
>
> I am wondering if someone can offer some help...
> I just burned 3 ISO images of fedora onto CD ROM.
> I created the bootdisk.img without any problems, but I could not make the
> boot.ISO disk.
> I tried using both rawrite.exe in DOS, and RawWin, and in DOS, it reads:
> bad sector
> In windows, I get just an error.
> I tried swapping the disk that I used for the bootdisk.img with the other
> disk, and determined that it was not the disks.
> So I went to the Fedora download site and downloaded boot.ISO
> And I had the same problem.
> Any suggestions?
>

> Glenn
> N0YJV  GlennErvin at cableone.net
> Work:  gErvin at NCBvi.state.ne.us

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: +1 (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group