user agent

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sun Feb 1 00:30:53 EST 2004

Thanks.
I had saved those strings before, but here is my problem.
I don't want to mess with my options until i know i have it right, so I
would prefer to use the --useragent= command-line option to test it.
Lynx will accept the Mozilla/4.0, but it doesn't like the parentheses at
all (unexpected token). That's why i asked about the formatting.
By the way, I thought you weren't supposed to change the .lynxrc directly
because it will be rewritten again completely when you run options again;
at least that's what the top of my .lynxrc file says. At any rate, I'd
much rather start out using the command line. so I guess I need to go
looking for some documentation of how to put more than just the first
part, Mozilla/4.0, in the command line string.

--
Cheryl