frustrated

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Dec 31 15:30:49 EST 2004

Recompiling isn't going to fix your problem, Glenn. Sorry.

While many of us were forced into learning to compile kernels in the
early days of Speakup, kernel compilation isn't beginner work.
Statements like "recompile" and "hard for beginner" suggest to me you're
just digging yourself deeper into a hole.

Also, statements like:

"I apparently need to recompile my kernel because Alsa cannot control my
> sound card, because Debian has hold of it," further confirm my
> opinion.

But, if you insist, you are certainly free to do as you wish. But, don't
be surprised if some of us stop trying to help you.

Sorry. This isn't exactly a cheery "Happy New Year" kind of message. I
really mean no offense.