FC3 12/27/2004 install report

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Wed Dec 29 23:09:05 EST 2004

Much is working in this version so far as I can tell, but two things are
either broken or new ways exist to access them.  I use an ensonicq 1371
card and managed to use alsaconfig in FC2 and FC3test to get it up and
working.  That no longer works.  Also, access to zip drives no longer
works.  I used /sbin/modprobe imm in /etc/rc.d/rc.local followed by a
mount -t vfat /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip command to actually mount zip disks in
earlier versions but that no longer works now even with both data and
power connections verified.  Do new ways exist to access and use these
devices I haven't yet read about?