editing files

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Dec 26 21:57:09 EST 2004

You have several text editors available. The two powerhouse choices are
emacs and vim. You'll probably want to get with one of these two
eventually.

A lighter weight alternative that's much easier to get up to speed with,
and that also works quite well with speech, is nano. If you ever used
pine for email, you'll feel right at home with nano.

I think these are the top choices, though there are certainly other
editors available.