testing, please excuse, and ignore

W. Nick Dotson nickdotson at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 26 12:28:25 EST 2004

What is "ssh"?

Nick

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 10:37:40 -0500, Janina Sajka wrote:

Well, as you've seen, the ssh strategy works. Also, I would not have
expected that sending via your ISP's smtp would provide sufficient
authentication to Bumpy for your mail to be accepted. After all, it you
subscribed from your machine, not from your ISP's machine.

While I was still at AFB I had to deal with this all the time because I
traveled frequently. My eventual solution is the one I recommend. I
configured my sendmail to accept TLS authenticated mail from me at
whatever address I might happen to be using. This includes configuring
relaying based on the TLS authentication. It has worked splendidly--but
I run my own smtp.

SSH is a good choice, unless you're at a location where latency makes
communication difficult, if not virtually impossible. WWhat can I say?
56K modem dialup in Budapest was just too slow for connections to
Washington.

Gregory Nowak writes:

				Janina Sajka, Chair
				Accessibility Workgroup
				Free Standards Group (FSG)

janina at freestandards.org	Phone: +1 202.494.7040

If Linux doesn't solve your computing problem, you need a different problem.