version.h

Scott Howell n3byy at adelphia.net
Sat Dec 25 06:47:59 EST 2004

Folks,

I haven't built a kernel to offten until now, but I grabbed version
2.6.10 and when I untarred it and ran make mrproper, I got the following
error message.

awk: cannot open /usr/src/linux-2.6.9/include/linux/version.h (No such
file or directory)

I checked and sure enough there is no version.h file. Now my current
2.6.7 kernel has this file and upon doing a cat on the file the 2.6.7
value is listed. I then checked the /usr/include/linux directory that
Debian installed and found there was suc a file, but of course the
kernel version there is something like 2.6.0.
I am sure I'm just missing something here, but any thoughts would be
appreciated as I'm not sure how this file gets created or if its
supposed to be there any longer.
Any thoughts appreciated.

tia
Scott