two questions

Scott Howell n3byy at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 23 05:55:32 EST 2004

Folks,

I am curious if anyone has used the Westel Versalink dsl/router gateway
modem that is provided with Verizon's ADSL service. I am switching from
cable to Verizon's service as its less expensive and the speeds are
equivalent. I hooked it up lastnight and realized it won't let you do to
much as it is looking for a DSL signal I guess. Was wondering though if
the thing is pretty user friendly to setup.

My second question is regarding the xawtv pkg. I continue to get an
error that says it can't open the display, but not sure why thi is. I am
a part of the video group and I get this error whether I'm root or a
user. Just one of those things I wanted to play with, but not sure how
much I'd use it.

tia
Scott