Strange problem with speakup and my braille-lite

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Mon Dec 20 15:22:38 EST 2004

I don't know if this problem is indicative of my braille-lite screwing up, but
lately when it works as a synth for speakup, it goes into some kind of
uppercase-proof mode.  This happens frequently when I use a curses application
like aptitude.  However, if I just run command-line applications, it can run
well for a while.  In aptitude, it happens when I get to a catigory and hit
enter on the main debian archive tree.  This problem started happening one day
after a power serge.  While this problem is most likely just confined to my
unit, I want to know if there some tests I could do on the linux end to see if
some parameters are miss-configured.  This problem also happens on my windows
box, however, it happens on my linux box more frequently.  Sean