Debian or Fedora

Glenn at home GlennErvin at cableone.net
Sun Dec 19 12:31:54 EST 2004

Thanks Janina.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
From: "Janina Sajka" <janina at rednote.net>
To: "Glenn at home" <GlennErvin at cableone.net>; "Speakup is a screen review
system for Linux." <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: Debian or Fedora

For the record, a Server Class install of the Speakup Modified will take
about 2 Gb. Choosing Server Class will provide what you need for an ftp
server, and it will provide most of the console utilities you're
accustomed to with an "everything" install. Yes, that's how fat the gui
environment has become.

Glenn at home writes:
> I have a computer hooked to my network that I am planning on installing
> Linux onto.
> It only has a 25 GB hard drive, and I want at least 20 GB for FTP files.
> I have been thinking of trying Debian since it appears that it may take
> less
> disks to download.
> I only want Linux right now for an FTP server.
> Since I have not heard otherwise, I understand that Debian is not ready
> for
> prime time with speakup, so I guess I must go with Fedora, but that takes
> 3
> ISO's, unless I can get an FTP server going with only the first ISO.
>
> Can someone advise me here?
> Thanks.Glenn

Janina Sajka, Chair
Accessibility Workgroup