file integrity checkers

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Dec 12 05:40:25 EST 2004

File integrity checker software is of primary use in your war against
unauthorized system intruders.  It can help with intrusion detection if
used correctly for enough time for you to become aware of patterns of file
changes.  In my area, we're having lots of problems with the system
crackers and this has been a long-standing situation.  Unfortunately for
those people not all of us use our home computers to log into our work
accounts or have credit card information on our machines.