Here we go again. FC3 panics when booting the first disk

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Dec 1 19:18:17 EST 2004

nick G writes:
> I Checked the original iso image.  I don't know how to check the MD5 sum on
> the Burned CD  without mounting it under linux...Something that FC2 isn't
> letting me do.

You don't need to mount it. In fact, that would interfere.

Open the file MD5SUM in a text editor that does not wrap long lines. The
filename for each individual checksum is at the end of each line. Find
the filename corresponding to the CD ROM you want to check and edit the
filename out, replacing it with the correct device for your CD ROM
device. Delete the rest of the file, and save the result to a new
filename.

Example:

The first line of MD5SUM is:

3051115a70ebc491d438dd21632b1412  FC3-i386-disc1.iso

So, you can start by deleting everything below this line. Then, replace
FC3-i386-disc1.iso with the device disignation for your CD ROM. One
possible result might be:

3051115a70ebc491d438dd21632b1412  /dev/cdrom

Of course, you must supply a correct device designation.i

Next, save to a new file name, perhaps MD5cdr1

Now, you can run md5sum like this:

md5sum -c MD5cdr1

You really only need to do the first CD ROM for now. Once you are
successfully booting the installation, we can go back and do the rest.

>  Under windows, I cant check a folder and it's subfolders
> with WinMD5Sum.

Whatever. This is a nonsequitor.