OT: Ogg123 Fails

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Dec 1 08:59:59 EST 2004

I just updated all my vorbis tools to the latest libs (libogg, libao,
and libvorbis) as well as vorbis-tools on my Slackware 10.0 system
with a 2.6.6 kernel using the ALSA internal drivers.  What I'm getting
is whenever I run ogg123, it begins playing a track but then quits
with the following errors.
- ----- Begin error log -----
Script started on Tue 30 Nov 2004 09:29:39 PM MST
steve at lnx3:~$ logoutogg123 oggtst.ogg

Audio Device:   Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) output

Playing: oggtst.ogg

Ogg Vorbis stream: 2 channel, 44100 Hz
Killed
steve at lnx3:~$ exit
exit

Script done on Tue 30 Nov 2004 09:30:36 PM MST
- ----- End Session -----
Well, the goddamn script log filled up with uninteligible garbage and the message became too large.  I can't seem to find the error messages to paste into the log here but suffice it to say that the track would play for a several seconds and then "killed".  There was something in there about assertion or something.  when I get home tonight, I'll have to try and cut/paste the messages with Speakup's wonder cut/paste buffer.  Where would we be without the cut/paste feature?!!

Anyone know what might cause this?
Thanks for any possible help.
<Steve>

- --