freebsd. is there a way to make it talk?

tom at tomstroubleshooting.com tom at tomstroubleshooting.com
Tue Aug 31 09:26:10 EDT 2004

Hi.
Yes there's a way to make FreeBSD talk during install.
Well actually you'll need a second machine with a serial port to use as a
terminal with say a program like minicom.
If you dd an image of the images/kernl.flp image write a file to it called
boot.config and put in that file:
/boot/loader -h
and save the file.
Then use the first serial port on the machine you will be installing
FreeBSD on too.

HTH

Tom