Compile problems

lists.speakup at duinheks.xs4all.nl lists.speakup at duinheks.xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 28 18:18:55 EDT 2004

*** Antwoord op een bericht uit gebied LISTS.SPEAKUP (lists.speakup).

Hallo John,

Op 28 Aug 04 schreef John covici aan Speakup is a screen review system f:

 Jc> Sounds like some patches failed -- did you put on any patches after
 Jc> the checkout from the clean kernel and from where did you get the
 Jc> kernel?  Did you check whether the checkout was successful?  Did you
 Jc> apply any patches after the checkout and were they successful?

I did not see any error rmessages, neither when I applied the patches that
came with SlackWare, nor when I used checkout.  And every time I started with
an absolutely clean kernel source [I tried more then one of course].
But I tried again usibng checkout, no errors as before and then used the
checkout from drivers/char/speakup which, not very surprisingly I think, did
nothing.
But this time it compiled without any problems.  I don't understand, but am
happy about it :)
Nedt task is to find a speech synthesizer.  The computer shops I asked so far
only reacted with "huh?"...  Are there any Dutchmen subscribed to this list
who can give me a hint?

Groetjes,

           Hans.

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5/040412
 * Origin: The Wizard is using MBSE/Linux (2:280/1018)