Beginner Questions

lorneweb at telusplanet.net lorneweb at telusplanet.net
Fri Aug 27 18:03:25 EDT 2004

Hello:
   Thanks Alex Greg and David  for your help; I have a TripleTalk USB ordered
and on the way, and should get here near the end of next week, so once that
arrives I shouldn't

have to worry about software synth's anymore, but since we haven't gotten
speakup to utter a single peep through any synth yet, I will be implementing
your suggestions.

The next question I have is how we get the Triple Talk USB device to work with
a speakup  enabled Linux kernel.
 I know we have the USB driver stuff incorporated as at least a module but do
we have to have it right in the kernel, or is there a specific kind of USB
driver that this device

will only work with?

Thanks for all the help, this would have been a lot harder without you folks.

Lorne