thanks for the speakup and sonar ideas.

Erik Heil eheil at va3duk.serveftp.com
Fri Aug 27 01:29:57 EDT 2004

Hi their.  No, varification utilizing graphic immages is not at all
accessible.  Actually, now that you point it out, the services that
utilize this mechanism actually made it a lot more complicated.  Similar
systems exist, but instead of using graphic images, they simply will send
the user e-mail as part or as a complete verification sollution.  This is
a lot better, as it doesn't require the use of pixelated immages, and is
also accessible.  Speaking of which, what can we do as blind persons to
change this behavior?  Because if this contiues, I can see a serious
problem in uu being able to access crucial information.  If any of you
have suggestions on waht we can do, post them to the list.  B/c I'm
certainly interested in what can be done.  Yahoo! is not the only company
which seems to do this.  Paypal does this, but at least they provide an
audio interface to the numbers or characters which are to be entered in
such boxes.  Industry-wide though, their should be a solution.  Ok guys,
I'm done and I'm off my loap box right now.  Its just that it frustrates
me a lot.

--
Erik Heil <eheil at va3duk.serveftp.com>
Phone: (865) 673-0542