ot: broadcasting to a shoutcast server

Christopher Sullivan ccanyon at runbox.com
Thu Aug 26 17:39:31 EDT 2004

            Hi all,
I recently tryed to install the fidora distribution, infact I wasted all day
trying to get it to work.
I downloaded and burned all 4 cds, and inserted the first cd into the drive
and booted into linux.
The issue is that I can not get Linux to boot into text mode.
I tryed typing textt speakup_synth=bns then enter.
I also just tryed typing text then enter, it never responds, it does however
pause at the boot prompt for 4 minutes or so and then go to another screen
and pause for another few minutes.
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Btw, I am using a braille light 18 as a synthasizer, and I am running a
3.2ghz system with 2 harddrives and a gig of ram.

Thanks in advance for your help
Sincerely,
Christopher Sullivan