CALLER ID:

Jack Mendez wiler1 at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 26 09:29:03 EDT 2004

i would definitely have a use for this
but my problem is that when i try to do /bin/echo "hi this is a test" |
smbclient -M hostname or -I192.168.xxx.xxx
it says connection attempt failed, if i give it the u switch and use a
password it still fails
this is all windows xp stuff
logs don't have much to say
or at least not much that i can find
and as far as i know the messenging service is enabled on the xp systems
if there is another way to check this i'd be glad to know
thanks