dpkg problems

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Thu Aug 26 00:39:31 EDT 2004

Have you tried just adding the group "debian-exim"?

Given the number of un-upgraded packages it lists, it sounds even more as
if you tried to get a single package from unstable.
If you reset sources.list, and do an apt-get -q update, then something
like:

dpkg --force-depends -p exim4

might work.

Warning: this syntax is all off the top of my head, and could stand some
verification from man pages.

Send us your sources.list.

Are you trying to run a stable, unstable, or testing system?

Luke