System wide message:

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 23 23:30:33 EDT 2004

Probably most any modern modem will have Caller ID support.  Assuming your
modem uses the standard at command set and you can talk directly with your
modem, try the following command
at#cid=1
I think that's right anyway!  If you get an OK or at least not an ERROR then
your modem probably supports Caller ID.  Now what I don't know is how to
actually get a program which monitors the modem and reports the Caller ID
info under Linux.  Anyone?
Jayson.